- Plan ahead! Be sure to have your proper business attire ready to wear for the career fair.
- Download the Career Fair Plus App for the most up to date information.
- Review the list of employers interested in meeting international students in the Career Fair Plus App. Research each company and the opportunities they are recruiting for and where they will be located at the fair and find them quickly using the map in the app.
- Employers post jobs and internships in NUcareers. Research these opportunities to see if your skills and experience match the qualifications they are seeking.
- Research employers’ websites to learn what the company does, where it does business, what its mission is, and something unique that interests you about the company. Be prepared to answer “why do you want to work for this company”?
- Create a target list of employers. Identify employers interested in meeting international students in your major, and be prepared to discuss how your skills and experience match the skills and experience (job description) that the employer is looking for. If the jobs are not listed in NUcareers, go to the employer website and look for the “Careers” section. If your skills and experience do NOT match well to the job description, this implies that you may not be the best candidate for that job opportunity. To be successful, focus your efforts on matching your skills and experience to the job description.
- Make a plan to speak with the employers on your target list. Stay up to date with the Career Fair Plus App, be sure to download it before attending the fair, and map out your strategy ahead of time.
Prepare a short (30 -60 seconds) “professional introduction,” to share with employers when you meet them.
My name is ________ (your name), and I am a (senior, Masters student, sophomore) in ___________(field/major). I will graduate in___________. I am interested in the _____________(co-op? full time?) _______________ (position title) position at ____________ (company name). I have the _____________ skills and experience that the job posting describes. _________ (the company name) interests me because__________________.
ADD something about yourself that is positive and memorable:
My last employer said ________________. I am ___________________.
- Login into your NUcareers student dashboard
- Open your “My Account” information screen
- Enter your Primary Phone Number we can text you at
- Save the phone number
ATTENTION STUDENTS: NUPD is strongly urging attendees not to bring BACKPACKS OR BAGS. Please LEAVE YOUR BACKPACK/BAG AT HOME before coming to the fair. If you need to bring a bag, it will be searched before entering the Cabot Athletic Center by security personnel, and you MUST leave it in the Student Prep Area before entering the career fair exhibit hall. If you bring your backpack/bag into the exhibit hall, you will be asked to either return it to the Student Prep Area or leave the venue. Thank You for your cooperation.