Are you looking to have an impact on the student experience at Northeastern, learn new professional skills, and become part of a community of students developing innovative strategies for student engagement? Do you have great interpersonal skills and enjoy helping others?
Employer Engagement and Career Design (EECD) seeks students to serve in a hybrid leadership role as a Career Navigator! EECD empowers students to enhance their self-knowledge, design and navigate their journeys, and gain valuable skills to engage in lifelong learning. Join us in helping all Huskies become self-directed and adaptable learners with the aim to enhance the student experience, facilitate connections with student support staff, and further solidify Northeastern’s position as a leader in education innovation.
The Career Navigator position is a part-time student employment role (8-10 hours/week). You will receive full training for the following responsibilities. This position is open to both domestic and international students. The pay for this position is $17/hour.
- Facilitate individual and group coaching on job & internship searching, networking, resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn, interviewing, and related online resources.
- Staff the Career Studio for drop-in learner support, both in-person and virtually.
- Learn about and educate students on the full spectrum of career-related advising, resources and tools.
- Serve as navigators of EECD by conducting outreach, creating relevant content, and marketing resources to students, academic departments, residence halls, student organizations, and other campus partners.
- Provide in-person and/or remote support for staff and employer-facing events; assist with projects, as needed.
- Be a creative, innovative thought partner with EECD and self-develop projects to expand outreach and impact.
- Provide referral and career support through chat on MentorHub on bi-weekly basis.
- Respond to communications from students in a timely fashion.
- Actively create an inclusive environment to support the needs of diverse students.
- Always maintain confidentiality of students.
- Completion of the Career Ambassador training and serving for a year in the role qualifies you for a Career Mentor Digital Badge
- Undergraduate 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th year student, or 2nd year Graduate student with co-op/intern/work experience.
- Self-driven, independent, and innovative.
- Ability to function collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Quick learner: proficient with virtual platforms, including Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and other technologies.
- Prior experience living on campus preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with social media and content creation is a plus.
How to apply:
Applications open in March! You will be required to upload your resume and cover letter; in your cover letter please discuss your interest and fit for this role, prior experiences, and any ideas about how we could effectively connect to students and meet their career design and experiential learning needs.
Applications are open from March 4th-March 29th, 2024.
Questions? Contact Diana Ghattas-Antony at [email protected]