The School of Education offers a wide range of programs for K-12 teachers and administrators. In keeping with Northeastern University’s longstanding commitment to experiential learning, School of Education programs are professional and pragmatic. Our courses seamlessly integrate theory and practice, providing you with knowledge and skills that translate immediately to your school or organization.
|Elementary School Teacher||Middle School Teacher|
|High School Teacher||Special Needs Teacher|
|City Year||Match Education|
|Boston Collegiate Charter School||Natick Public Schools|
|Boston EQUIP||School on Wheels of Massachusetts|
|Early Childhood/Preschool||Secondary Education|
|Elementary Education||Special Needs Education|
|Government (Local, State, & Federal)|
These samples titles can be used to research internship opportunities.
Many professional organizations within higher education host national placement internship programs over the summer months. Be sure to explore your functional areas’ professional organization to discover opportunities. Notable internship programs include, NODA, NACADA, and ACUHO-I.
- Communications and Development Intern
- Disability Services Intern
Websites for Career Exploration
- Bureau of Labor Statistics – Occupational Outlook Handbook
- MassCIS – Massachusetts Information System
- Vocational Biographies (username: NE Unvi; password: RAZDE)
Websites for Job Search
- The Placement Exchange – NASPA
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
Campus Organizations & Activities
Find valuable industry information, job sites, and professional networking opportunities.
- Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education (NASPA)
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
Sample industry specific LinkedIn groups. Stay on top of industry trends, company information, job listings and networking opportunities. Visit the Social Media and LinkedIn pages for more information on how to leverage your social media network.