Professionals in this field are experts in food and nutrition. They advise people on what to eat in order to lead a healthy lifestyle or achieve a specific health-related goal. Heightened interest in health, wellness and disease prevention has created more career options for nutrition professionals. According to the American Dietetic Association, demand for nutrition counseling, treatment, and education is on the rise- a result of greater emphasis on diet and nutrition, as well as a growing population that is living longer.
Concentrations: Obesity and Nutritional Health, Nutrition Education, Nutrition and Fitness, and Business and Entrepreneurship in Nutrition
|Clinical Nutritionist*||Health Educator|
|Coach||Healthy Living Coordinator|
|Dietician*||Nutrition Sales Representative|
|Diet Technician||Pediatric Dietician*|
|Food Science Researcher||Sport Nutrition Assistant*|
|Food Service Manager||Wellness Specialist|
Positions that may require additional experience, education or licensing are indicated by an (*).
|Minuteman Senior Services||Shopwindow Corp.|
|Nestle Healthcare Nutrition, Inc.|
|Health and Wellness|
These samples titles can be used to research internship opportunities.
- Nutrition and Dietetics Intern
- Nutrition Intern
Use NUcareers, , , or to search for openings.
Websites for Career Exploration
- Bureau of Labor Statistics – Occupational Outlook Handbook
- MassCIS – Massachusetts Information System
- Vocational Biographies (username: NE Univ; password: RAZDE)
- Massachusetts Board of Registration of Dietitians and Nutritionists
- Nutrition Degree
- State Requirements for Nutrition and Dietician Fields
Career Development Videos
Websites for Job Search
Campus Organizations & Activities
For additional student organizations click here.
For additional student involvement opportunities click here.
Find valuable industry information, job sites, and professional networking opportunities.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- American Nutrition Association
- American Society for Nutrition
- National Association of Nutrition Professionals
Sample industry specific LinkedIn groups and Twitter handles. Stay on top of industry trends, company information, job listings and networking opportunities. Visit the Social Media and LinkedIn pages for more information on how to leverage your social media network.