Career Design is both a process of lifelong learning and an office at Northeastern that provides the tools, resources, and strategies you will need on your journey.
All Career Design support is available virtually, including:
- a full suite of live coaching labs to update you on the changing employment landscape and guide you through all aspects of career design. See these program descriptions and the weekly schedule Grid below. To sign up for a coaching lab, and view all other Career Design programs, go to our events calendar.
- self-paced Canvas modules on Designing Your Career and Crafting Cover Letters and Resumes (we will continue to add modules to parallel content of our coaching labs)
- Career Studio drop-in hours for quick questions Monday-Friday 1:30-4:30 PM EDT as well as Tuesdays and Wednesdays until 7:00 PM EDT. To sign up for a Studio visit, use this form. Alumni, please sign in as instructed, and a Career Design staff member will be in touch. You will need to download Microsoft Teams and login with this format: email@example.com, NOT firstname.lastname@example.org
- email email@example.com or call 617.373.2430 with any questions.
Click on one of the journey maps below to get started
In addition, there are many other useful tools and resources available to you:
- Visit the Employer Engagement and Career Design website for helpful resources on how to draft your resume using VMock Smart Resumes, practice for an interview with Big Interview, learn Tips for working remotely, and explore major-career guides to see how different fields of study can lead to a variety of occupations.
- Sign into NUworks for posted internship and employment opportunities, as well as other career resources and 2021 co-op opportunities. (Fall 2020 co-op opportunities are in NUcareers).
- To connect to Northeastern alumni, join NUsource and Northeastern LinkedIn groups.
- To support all aspects of career design as lifelong learning, use the SAIL framework and platform.
Once you’ve taken advantage of our coaching labs and Career Studio to meet your initial needs, individual consultations can be scheduled through myNortheastern.