Career Design is both a process of lifelong learning and an office at Northeastern that provides the tools, resources, and strategies you will need on your journey.
Coaching Labs on all five aspects of career design.
- See the weekly coaching lab schedule and select a journey map below for recommendations on labs to attend.
- To sign up for a coaching lab and view all other Career Design programs, go to our events calendar.
Career Design Canvas
- Modules parallel coaching labs for 24/7 self-paced instruction.
- For daily virtual and campus drop-in hours click here. *Note: Summer 2023 hours are different than Spring 2023!*
- Specialty Drop-In Hours: Check out NUworks for more information!
- Pre-Law: Tuesdays 3-4pm, Stearns Center
- Preparing for Graduate School: Thursdays 3-4pm, Stearns Center
- Doctoral Office Hours: Wednesdays 12-2pm, Virtual
Advising and Coaching Appointments
- Once you’ve taken advantage of our coaching labs, modules, and drop-in Career Studio to meet your initial needs, individual consultations for in-depth questions and conversations are available for currently enrolled students and alumni.
- Pre-Law Students: You can find more information about programs and resources here.
- Doctoral Students: You can find more information about programs and resources here.
- To schedule in-person, phone, or virtual appointments, call the front desk at 617-373-2430 or email [email protected]
(NOTE: Students in MBA and Master’s programs in Business are served by the MBA Career Center in the D’Amore-McKim School of Business.)
Click on one of the journey maps below to get started
Fourth/Fifth Year Undergraduate
International Student Undergraduate
First Year International Master’s
Second Year International Master’s
Identity-Based Career Exploration
Recent Alumni (graduated within the last 7 years)
- Visit the Employer Engagement and Career Design website for our FAQ’s on commonly asked questions, as well as for helpful resources on drafting your resume using VMock Smart Resumes, practice for an interview with Big Interview, learn Tips for working remotely, and explore our career guides to see how different fields of study can lead to a variety of occupations.
- Watch our Career Design Video to learn about our resources, see student testimonials, and more!
- For experiential opportunities, check out:
- Forage, a free and open-access library of employer-designed job simulations which replicate the sort of work you would undertake as an intern or graduate.
- Paragon One, for remote externship opportunities with leading brands to work on real problems and network with professionals — all from the comfort of your own home.
- Localized, a new provider that links candidates with employers, thought leaders, and mentors in specific – and expanding – areas of the world through specialized programs and job opportunities.
- Sign into NUworks for posted internship and employment opportunities, as well as other career resources and 2021 co-op opportunities.
- To connect to Northeastern alumni, join NUsource and Northeastern LinkedIn groups.
- Read the Career Design bi-weekly newsletter here for the latest updates.