Career Design is both a process of lifelong learning and an office at Northeastern that provides the tools, resources, and strategies you will need on your journey.
- See the weekly coaching lab schedule and select a journey map below for recommendations on labs to attend.
- To sign up for a coaching lab and view all other Career Design programs, go to our events calendar and RSVP on NUworks.
- Register to check out our modules on all career topics for 24/7 self-paced instruction.
Visit us in the Career Studio for one-on-one career conversations with our Career Design staff. Career Studio Drop-In hours are first come, first serve. Be sure to check our Career Studio page for altered scheduling information.
- Campus Career Studio Drop-In Hours: Tuesdays through Fridays 1-3pm, Stearns Center
- Virtual Career Studio Drop-In Hours: Mondays through Fridays 3-5pm, Microsoft Teams
- Specialty Drop-In Hours: Check out NUworks for more information!
- Pre-Law: Tuesdays 3-4pm, Stearns Center
- Preparing for Graduate School: Thursdays 3-4pm, Stearns Center
- Doctoral Office Hours: Wednesdays 3-4pm, Stearns Center and Thursdays 3-5pm, Virtual
Advising and Coaching Appointments
- Once you’ve taken advantage of our coaching labs, modules, and drop-in Career Studio to meet your initial needs, individual consultations for in-depth questions and conversations are available for currently enrolled students and alumni.
- Pre-Law Students: You can find more information about programs and resources here.
- Doctoral Students: You can find more information about programs and resources here.
- To schedule in-person, phone, or virtual appointments, call the front desk at 617-373-2430 or email [email protected]
(NOTE: Students in MBA and Master’s programs in Business are served by the MBA Career Center in the D’Amore-McKim School of Business.)
Click on one of the journey maps below to get started
- Visit the Employer Engagement and Career Design website for our FAQ’s on commonly asked questions, as well as for helpful resources on drafting your resume using Big Interview Resume AI, practice for an interview with Big Interview, learn Tips for working remotely, and explore our career guides to see how different fields of study can lead to a variety of occupations.
- Watch our Career Design Video to learn about our resources, see student testimonials, and more!
- For experiential opportunities, check out:
- Forage, a free and open-access library of employer-designed job simulations which replicate the sort of work you would undertake as an intern or graduate.
- Paragon One, for remote externship opportunities with leading brands to work on real problems and network with professionals — all from the comfort of your own home.
- Localized, a new provider that links candidates with employers, thought leaders, and mentors in specific – and expanding – areas of the world through specialized programs and job opportunities.
- Sign into NUworks for posted internship and employment opportunities, as well as other career resources and 2021 co-op opportunities.
- To connect to Northeastern alumni, join NUsource and Northeastern LinkedIn groups.
- Read the Career Design weekly “Husky Careers Blast” for the latest updates and check out our previous newsletters here.