What features are available to me through the NUworks system?
- Immediate access to applicants meeting your eligibility criteria regardless of their academic program.
- Searching and filtering that quickly refines your preferred list of candidates based on credentials, personal attributes, abilities, and experiences.
- A searchable digital student profile database to help expand your potential candidate pool.
- On-line training and 24/7 access for technical assistance.
What are the “search and sort” features available to me?
- We are provide you with tools to aid in your review of applicants to your open positions AND to the available candidate pool at large.
- As in the past, you can continue to set initial candidate eligibility requirements based on level (e.g. undergraduate, masters, PhD), GPA, and citizenship (if, in this case, you have clear legal reasons for justifying any restrictions).
- Candidate credentials are accessible as soon as the applicant expresses interest in your position. Student profiles and application materials are readily available for your review.
- Each co-op applicant completes a Profile that identifies a number of personal skills, abilities, and experiences that are fully searchable. Among these are employment interests, technical and clinical skills, and extracurricular activities. Students can also indicate whether they are veterans, varsity athletes, honor society members, and so forth.
- You can search and choose from various criteria and focus on specific areas of interest to you to hone down your list of candidates. You can also sort your list (by college or program, for example) to further refine your efforts.
- If you feel you are not getting the kind of candidates you want, you can search this database and reach out directly to students you might be interested in attracting.
Is there a recruiting timeline?
- No. We have removed most of the timing restrictions from our process.
- Students will have access to jobs as soon as they are posted.
- First-time co-op students can apply as soon as their resume is approved by a Co-op Coordinator (typically by middle to late September).
- Candidate credentials are accessible as soon as the applicant expresses interest in your position. There is no more delayed bundling of applicants that are in turn released for your consideration.
- You may interview applicants whenever you are ready.
- We will naturally continue to support your recruiting efforts as we always have by providing guidance and advice about the specific nature and timing of your activities to achieve your desired outcomes.
How can my Co-op Coordinator be of most help to me in this new process?
- Your Co-op Coordinator will continue to provide important insights about the best recruiting strategies, timelines, and activities along with information about the university’s academic programs and general co-op candidate pool. That person will also help you navigate the new system features and assist, as needed and appropriate, in your sourcing efforts.
- We have also added 24/7 Northeastern University Help Desk support – available by phone at 373.4357 or at email@example.com – to assist you with any technical or access concerns.