SheLEADS: Designing Your Life — An International Alumnae Book Group
Finding a fulfilling career is not only a short-term task at school but a life-long practice after graduation. By learning and applying five mind-sets from the book Designing Your Life, authored by Dave Evans and Bill Burnett, book group members will use practical activities in the book to identify possible career futures and design their way forward, while identifying what a well-designed next chapter in their lives looks like for them. The book, homework activities from the book, and group discussions, held every other week virtually via Zoom, are designed to help book group members to learn how to better navigate life’s big moment decisions —it will be fun and full of surprises!
This International Alumnae Book Group is for any international alumna from any college within Northeastern University who identifies as a woman and is seeking to immerse herself in a career design experience fall semester. The group is limited to no more than 12-15 alumnae. Only register if you are able to attend all sessions via Zoom’s virtual participation platform (missing one session is not a problem. Missing more than 2 sessions may result in not being able to continue with the group). Alumnae will be selected first for this group (open to current students if space is available).
This book group is co-facilitated by Zirui Yan, an NU alumna, and Ellen Zold Goldman, Senior Associate Director and NU Alumna, Employer Engagement and Career Design. Feel free to email Ellen Zold Goldman, email@example.com if you have questions.
When and where does this group happen?
· Every Other Friday, from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
· Virtual Meeting via Zoom (a meeting link will be sent out after your registration)
What does the schedule look like? (You must be available for all meetings and sign up on NUCareers.)
1. Virtual Meeting 1: Friday, September 13, 2019
2. Virtual Meeting 2: Friday, September 27, 2019
3. Virtual Meeting 3: Friday, October 11, 2019
4. Virtual Meeting 4: Friday, October 25, 2019
5. Virtual Meeting 5: Friday, November 8, 2019
6. Virtual Meeting 6: Friday, November 22, 2019
7. Virtual Meeting 7: Friday, December 6, 2019
8. Virtual Meeting 8: Friday, December 20, 2019
How is each session run?
1. Virtual Meeting 1: Book Group Kick-off –get to know each other!
2. From Virtual Meeting 2: Read two chapters every two weeks to discuss with the group in the next meeting. Share your thoughts and ideas about the chapters. Each meeting, we will share how that week’s chapter impacted us in our lives.
3. Decide on your own action steps/homework to try implementing in between each session and share your experience at the next meeting.