The start of your college experience is a good time to develop an open mind set and practice design principles as you create a foundation for your future careers. Our discussions and activities come from the book Designing Your Life, whose authors are Dave Evans and Bill Burnett. As a group member you will use practical activities to identify possible career futures and design your way forward, while identifying a well-designed next chapter in your college experience.
This coaching group is for any Undergraduate Freshman/Sophomore student from any college within Northeastern University and is limited to no more than 20 students.
Please register ONLY if you will be able to attend all sessions (missing one session is not a problem. Missing more than 2 sessions may result in not being able to continue with the group).
This group meets from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM on the following Wednesdays:
January 15, 2020 and January 22, 2020
February 5, 2020, February 12, 2020, February 19, 2020 and February 26, 2020
March 11, 2020, March 18, 2020 and March 25, 2020
April 8, 2020
Rm 113 Stearns Center
Group members will be expected to read 1 chapter (unless otherwise noted), as well as complete homework activities from Designing Your Life for every meeting. You can download Designing Your Life or purchase the hard copy, along with the Designing Your Life workbook (if you are interested in purchasing the workbook).
This coaching group is facilitated by Kate Famulari, Associate Director, Employer Engagement and Career Design. If you have questions, you can e-mail me at: email@example.com
Please register ONLY if you will be able to attend all sessions
(For all meetings and sign up on NUCareers.)
. Meeting 1: Wednesday, January 15, 2020
2. Meeting 2: Wednesday, January 22, 2020
3. Meeting 3: Wednesday, February 5, 2020
4. Meeting 4: Wednesday, February 12, 2020
5. Meeting 5: Wednesday, February 19, 2020
6 Meeting 6: Wednesday, February 26
(Please note, this meeting is an additional meeting-continuation of Ch. 5 & 6)
7. Meeting 7: Wednesday, March 11, 2020
8. Meeting 8: Wednesday, March 18, 2020
9. Meeting 9: Wednesday, March 25, 2020
10. Meeting 10: Wednesday, April 8, 2020
How is each session run?
1. Meeting 1: Coaching Group Kick-off –get to know each other! Read chapter 1 and 2 for next meeting.
2. Meeting 2: Unless otherwise indicated read a chapter for each meeting to discuss. Share your thoughts and ideas about the chapters. Each meeting, we will share how that week's chapter impacted us in our lives.
3. Decide on your own action steps/homework to try implementing in between each session and share your experience at the next meeting.
This program connects to the SAIL domain of Personal and Professional Effectiveness using strategic thinking, communication and networking skills.