Finding a fulfilling career is not only a short-term task at school but a life-long practice after graduation. By learning and applying five mind-sets from the book Designing Your Life, authored by Dave Evans and Bill Burnett, coaching group members will use practical activities in the book to identify possible career futures and design their way forward, while identifying what a well-designed next chapter in their lives looks like for them. The book, homework activities from the book, and group discussions, held every other week virtually via Zoom, are designed to help coaching group members to learn how to better navigate life's big moment decisions —it will be fun and full of surprises!
This coaching Group is for any international graduate student from any college within Northeastern University who identifies as a woman and is seeking to immerse herself in a career design experience spring semester.
We will be using the book, Designing Your Life by Bill Burnett & Dave Evans.
The group is limited to no more than 20 international female-identified graduate students. Only register if you are able to attend all sessions via Zoom's virtual participation platform (missing one session is not a problem. Missing more than 2 sessions may result in not being able to continue with the group). Graduate international students will be selected first for this group.
This book group is co-facilitated by Yejin "Sarah" Kim, a graduate intern in Career Design, and Ellen Zold Goldman, Senior Associate Director and NU Alumna, Employer Engagement and Career Design. Feel free to email Ellen Zold Goldman, email@example.com if you have questions.
When and where does this group happen?
· Every Other Friday, from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
· Virtual Meeting via Zoom (a meeting link will be sent out after your registration). There is a possibility for the first and last meetings to be in person as the group prefers.
What does the schedule look like? (You must be available for all meetings and sign up on NUCareers.)
1. Meeting 1: Friday, January 24, 2019: Either in person or virtual depending upon group preference
2. Virtual Meeting 2: Friday, February 7, 2019
3. Virtual Meeting 3: Friday, February 21, 2019
4. Virtual Meeting 4: Friday, March 6, 2019
5. Virtual Meeting 5: Friday, March 13, 2019 (Please note, this meeting is an additional meeting-continuation of Ch. 5 & 6)
6. Virtual Meeting 6: Friday, March 20, 2019
6. Virtual Meeting 7: Friday, April 3, 2019
7. Virtual Meeting 8: Friday, April 17, 2019
8. Meeting 9: Friday, May 1 or April 24 as voted on by the group, 2019 Either in person or virtual depending upon group preference
How is each session run?
1. Meeting 1: Book Group Kick-off –get to know each other!
2. From Virtual Meeting 2: Read two chapters every two weeks to discuss with the group in the next meeting. Share your thoughts and ideas about the chapters. Each meeting, we will share how that week's chapter impacted us in our lives.
3. Decide on your own action steps/homework to try implementing in between each session and share your experience at the next meeting.
This program connects to the SAIL domain of Personal and Professional Effectiveness using strategic thinking and networking skills, and communication skills
Ellen Zold Goldman is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting
(Meeting ID: IF Needed is: 323 156 135)
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,323156135# US (New York)
+16699006833,,323156135# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 323 156 135
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/adphuqG4n