Students prepare for co-op by following these key steps before starting their first work assignment:
- Enroll in the required co-op prep course (one semester, one credit course)
- Meet and schedule appointments with their assigned co-op coordinator (based on major)
- Practice job search techniques and interviewing skills
- Obtain job referrals and references from their networks (LinkedIn, NU Organizations, etc.)
- Attend Northeastern Career Fairs
- Join student discussions and information sessions for global and domestic co-op opportunities
- Participate in mock interviews, attend Employer Engagement and Career Design workshops, events, conferences
- Research firms/companies/organizations, prepare for and complete required Co-op class assignments
In addition, students are encouraged to download a copy of the Co-op Student Handbook to learn more about Co-op requirements and preparation.
To know more about what you’ll need to know about traveling abroad, explore the PowerPoint Presentation and YouTube Recording.