Biochemistry focuses on the chemical processes occurring in the wide variety of living systems and touches essentially all aspects of our own lives. Our Northeastern program engages you in two integrated paths to a career in biochemistry: rigorous coursework that prepares you to interpret the ever-expanding knowledge base and hands-on learning that positions you to leverage cutting-edge technology to solve fundamental problems in the chemistry of life.
|Assistant Researcher||Associate Analyst|
|Chief Medical Resident*||Dental Surgeon*|
|Genetic Counselor*||Intellectual Property Attorney (Patent Law)*|
|Microbiology Lab Technician*||Pharmacist*|
|Research Investigator*||Research Technician|
|Technical Sales Representative|
Positions that require additional education, training or licensing are indicated by a (*).
Job qualifications are based not only on degree program, but on skills and experience. Students should seek out as many experiential opportunities in their fields of interest as possible, including co-op and internships.
|Acceleron Pharma Inc.||Bristol-Myers Squibb|
|Eurofins||Nova Biomedical Corporation|
|Ribon Therapeutics||Takeda Pharmaceutical Company|
|Food Processing||Government: local, state and federal|
|Sales and Marketing||Scientific and Lab Research|
These sample titles can be used to research internship opportunities:
- Data Science Intern
- Research Assistant
- Research Scientist Intern
Websites for Career Exploration
- Bureau of Labor Statistics – Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Massachusetts Information System – MassCIS
- Vocational Biographies (username: NE Univ; password: RAZDE)
Websites for Job Search
Campus Organizations & Activities
- American Medical Student Organization at Northeastern University
- Minority Association of Pre-Health Students
Find valuable industry information, job sites, and professional networking opportunities.
- AACC Academy/NACB
- ACS Division of Biological Chemistry
- American Institute of Biological Sciences (AIBS)
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)
- Biochemical Society
- International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (IUBMB)
Sample industry specific LinkedIn groups. Stay on top of industry trends, company information, job listings and networking opportunities.
Visit the Social Media page for more information on how to leverage your social media network.