- Do you have a passion for helping others achieve their potential?
- Would you like to enhance your capacity for career and life design while empowering others to do the same?
- Can you develop innovative strategies for engaging students in career development?
Employer Engagement and Career Design (EECD) seeks students to serve in a leadership role as a Career Ambassador! Join us in helping all Huskies become self-directed and adaptable learners. We strive to empower people to embrace the idea of lifelong career design from the start in order to be able to pivot to fitting new opportunities as they arise.
This volunteer opportunity is available for undergraduate and graduate students, who are:
- Enrolled in classes OR on co-op
- Located anywhere while affiliated with NU
- Work-study eligible OR Non-work study
- Be a creative, innovative thought partner with EECD and self-develop projects to expand outreach and impact
- Learn about and educate students on the full spectrum of career-related advising, resources, and tools
- Facilitate individual and group coaching on job & internship searching, networking, resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn, interviewing, and related online resources
- Staff the Career Studio for drop-in learner support, both in-person and virtually
- Serve as ambassadors of EECD by conducting outreach, creating relevant content, and marketing resources to students, academic departments, residence halls, student organizations, and other campus partners
- Provide in-person and/or remote support for staff and employer-facing events; assist with projects, as needed
- Learn how to advance your life/career design in ways that suit you best
- Gain access to employers, alumni, and academic partners to build a strong professional network
- Receive detailed industry insight into how to polish your own job application materials
- Build competencies in communication, networking, mentoring, organization, and planning, leadership and time management, public speaking
- Collaborate with a diverse interdisciplinary team of colleagues and peers in a dynamic work environment
- Acquire a professional reference and possible LinkedIn recommendation
- Undergraduate 3rd, 4th, and 5th year student, or 2nd year Graduate student with co-op/intern/work experience
- Self-driven, independent, and innovative
- Ability to function collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner; proficient with virtual platforms, including Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and other technologies
- Experience with social media and content creation is a plus
- Available for summer training and monthly Career Ambassador professional development meetings
How to apply:
Please fill out the online application, due Sunday, June 14th by 11:59 PM. You will be required to upload your resume and cover letter; in your letter please discuss your interest and fit for this role, prior experience with EECD, and any ideas about how we could effectively connect to students and meet their career design and experiential learning needs.
Questions? Contact Michelle Goldberg at email@example.com