- Do you have a passion for helping others achieve their potential?
- Do you enjoy sharing advice and stories about your own career journey?
- Would you like to enhance your professional skills while empowering your peers to do the same?
Employer Engagement and Career Design is looking for students interested in serving in a leadership role as a Career Fellow. Training and supervision will be provided. This a volunteer opportunity for both non-work study AND work-study eligible students. Students who can work thorough the academic year are preferred. (ALL interested students are encouraged to apply.)
- Mentor and advise peers on resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn, and navigating online resources in NUcareers
- Staff the newly-created Career Studio for drop-in student support
- Serve as ambassadors of Employer Engagement and Career Design by delivering workshops, conducting outreach, and marketing resources to students, academic departments, residence halls, student organizations, and other campus partners
- Self-develop projects to increase reach of programs and resources based on your professional goals, such as developing new partnerships across campus, creating web content, presenting Career Design workshops, etc…
- Provide support at staff and employer-facing events and assist with projects, as needed
- Gain exclusive access to a network of employers, alumni, and academic partners to build connections for future professional opportunities
- Receive detailed industry insight into how to polish your personal portfolio of job application materials (resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile)
- Develop and grow your own career goals and build competencies in professional communication, networking, coaching and mentoring, organization and planning, leadership and time management
- Assume a leadership role on campus and serve on a hard-working team of colleagues and peers in a dynamic work environment
- Acquire a professional reference and possible LinkedIn recommendation
- Undergraduate Junior or Senior, or Graduate student with co-op/internship/work experience
- Self-driven, independent, and innovative
- Ability to function competently in a team environment
- Available for Training: Available for Monthly Career Fellow meetings:
– Monday, Sept. 2nd; 9 AM – 5 PM (Labor Day) – Monday, Sept. 23rd; 6 – 7 PM
– Tuesday, Sept. 3rd; 5:30 – 7:30 PM – Monday, Oct. 21st; 6 – 7 PM
– Thursday, Sept. 5th; 5:30 – 7:30 PM – Monday, Nov. 18th; 6 – 7 PM
– Monday, Dec. 2nd; 6 – 7 PM
How to apply:
Please fill out the online application, due Sunday, June 9th by 11:59 PM. You will be required to upload your resume and cover letter highlighting your interest in becoming a Career Fellow. Questions? Contact Michelle DuBow at firstname.lastname@example.org