We are looking for a Junior Financial Analyst to join the FP&A team. This meeting will be hosted by the Senior Manager of FP&A and two Senior Analysts.
Job Title: Junior Financial Analyst
Department: Financial Planning & Analysis
About Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray is a preeminent global law firm with a 150-year heritage of providing the highest-quality advice on critical legal and business needs. Our global team of 2,500 talented professionals regularly helps clients meet high-stakes challenges, solve complex problems and achieve key goals.
The firm maintains a culture of collaboration, with colleagues frequently working together across our global office network. The firm has headquarters in Boston and offices financial centers throughout the US, London, and Asia.
The financial planning and analysis team works directly with the CFO and other firm leaders on all aspects of financial planning and analysis, including annual planning and reforecasting, financial performance management, reporting, and analysis. The team is highly collaborative and looks for people who can grow into senior positions.
The Junior Financial Analyst will be a crucial member of the planning, operations, and performance management team, which owns the firm’s annual planning process as well as a comprehensive range of reporting and analytics. Additionally, the team advises senior leaders on short and long-term decision making. The team touches on all aspects of financial planning and analysis and works with several other teams in finance and other firm functions.
· Responsible for the execution and maintenance of a suite of performance-oriented reports, including month-end financial reporting packages. These high-profile deliverables require accuracy, speed, and thoughtful analysis.
· Create monthly reporting and visualizations of firm data to convey business insights.
· This role will build expertise on our BI tools by developing visuals, reports, and creating dashboards, an opportunity to help drive a team initiative to enhance our analytical capabilities and provide insight into firm performance.
· Collaborate on the annual planning process.
· You will be encouraged to bring ideas and contribute to the team’s development.
· Contribute to other FP&A reporting and analysis areas on an ad-hoc basis or as back-up for colleagues.
· High level of initiative and intellectual curiosity.
· Acute attention to detail.
· Interest in analyzing data and communicating trends.
· Resourceful and able to collaborate with peers where necessary.
Education, experience and skills needed:
· Pursuing a Bachelor degree in finance, business management, accounting or related field.
· Advanced Excel capabilities and ability to learn multiple reporting systems.
· Knowledge of Tableau, PowerBI, MicroStrategy, or similar BI tools is a plus.