Welcome to Career Design and Northeastern! As a first-year student, you don’t need to make any career decisions right away. But you do need to engage in effective help-seeking. Take advantage of the many opportunities and resources our nationally ranked career center provides to ensure that you’re on the right path for you.
Whether you are choosing a major or career path or exploring and testing experiential options, we can help you reflect on what matters most to you, discover what problems you want to solve, and figure out a plan for achieving your goals. We can also assist you in preparing your professional portfolio, including your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn and finding internships.
To help you get started, we recommend the Career Design coaching labs below (or equivalent Canvas modules). Feel free to browse our full suite of coaching labs, weekly schedule, and specialty topics. To sign up for a coaching lab, and view all other Career Design programs, go to our events calendar.
You are welcome to attend any coaching lab for help as often as needed:
- Finding Your Fit: Majors, Careers and Life Design
- Finding Internships
- Revising Your Resume
- Crafting Your Cover Letter
- Promoting your Brand on LinkedIn
- Interviewing with Confidence
Additional Career Design support includes:
- Career Studio for daily drop-ins (virtual and campus hours)
- Canvas modules parallel coaching labs for 24/7 self-paced instruction. We recommend Designing Your Career for an overview of both the process and our office (and we continue to add new modules, so check back regularly).
- Email [email protected] or call 617.373.2430 with any questions.
There are many other useful tools and resources available to you:
- Visit the Employer Engagement and Career Design website for helpful resources on drafting your resume using VMock Smart Resumes, practice for an interview with Big Interview, learn Tips for working remotely, and explore career guides to see how different fields of study can lead to a variety of occupations.
- Sign into NUworks for posted internship and employment opportunities, as well as other career resources and co-op opportunities.
- Join NUsource and Northeastern LinkedIn groups to connect with alumni.
Once you’ve taken advantage of our coaching labs and Career Studio to meet your initial needs, individual consultations can be scheduled by emailing or calling our office: [email protected] or call 617.373.2430.