Congratulations, you are in the final stretch! During this time, it’s vital that you update and polish your career portfolio, refine and demonstrate your unique brand, expand and leverage your network, apply to graduate and professional schools or strategize and launch your job search. Our nationally ranked Career Design office can assist you with all this so you can pursue a meaningful career that aligns with your strengths, values, and interests! As an NU grad, you have access to the Office of Career Design long after you leave campus. Whether you are looking to make a career change, need advice on navigating the professional world, or simply want someone to review your resume, Career Design is a lifelong resource.
To help you get started, we recommend the Career Design coaching labs below (or equivalent Canvas modules). Feel free to browse our full suite of coaching labs, weekly schedule, and specialty topics. To sign up for a coaching lab, and view all other Career Design programs, go to our events calendar.
You are welcome to attend any coaching lab for help as often as needed:
- Leading Your Job Search
- Preparing Your Advanced Resume
- Revising Your Resume
- Crafting Your Cover Letter
- Promoting Your Brand on LinkedIn
- Networking through LinkedIn
- Interviewing with Confidence
- Preparing for Law/Graduate School
- Negotiating Salaries and Job Offers
- Staying Positive During Your Job Search (rotating topic)
- Owning Your Career (rotating topic)
Additional Career Design support includes:
- Career Studio for daily drop-ins (virtual and campus hours)
- Canvas modules parallel coaching labs for 24/7 self-paced instruction. We recommend Designing Your Career for an overview of both the process and our office (and we continue to add new modules, so check back regularly).
- Email [email protected] or call 617.373.2430 with any questions.
There are many other useful tools and resources available to you:
- Visit the Employer Engagement and Career Design website for helpful resources on drafting your resume using VMock Smart Resumes, practice for an interview with Big Interview, learn Tips for working remotely, and explore career guides to see how different fields of study can lead to a variety of occupations.
- Sign into NUworks for posted internship and employment opportunities, as well as other career resources and co-op opportunities.
- Join NUsource and Northeastern LinkedIn groups to connect with alumni.
Once you’ve taken advantage of our coaching labs and Career Studio to meet your initial needs, individual consultations can be scheduled by emailing or calling our office: [email protected] or call 617.373.2430.