The Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology offers education in basic chemistry and modern chemistry-related disciplines. Students in the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology can expect nearly all major-related courses to be taught by research-active faculty and industry experts.
|Chemistry Teacher*||Patent Lawyer*|
|Flavor/Fragrance Researcher||Technical Writer|
Positions that may require additional education, training or licensing are indicated by an (*).
Job qualifications are based not only on degree program, but on skills and experience. Students should seek out as many experiential opportunities in their fields of interest as possible, including co-op and internships.
|Boston Children’s Hospital||Nano-C|
|Integrated Resources, Inc.||Skin Pathology Laboratory|
|Flavors, Fragrances and Cosmetics||Pharmaceuticals Publishing|
|Government: Local, State and Federal||Scientific and Lab Reseach|
These sample titles can be used to research internship opportunities:
- Chemistry/Material Science Intern
- DNA Chemistries Intern
- Medical Technologist Intern
- Operations Intern
- Processing Intern
- Research Assistant
For more information, please visit the department’s website.
Students enrolled in the College of Professional Studies may click here for co-op and internship information.
Websites for Career Exploration
- Bureau of Labor Statistics – Occupational Outlook Handbook
- MassCIS – Massachusetts Information System
- Vocational Biographies (username: NEUniv; password: RAZDE)
Career Development Videos
Websites for Job Search
Campus Organizations & Activities
Find valuable industry information, job sites, and professional networking opportunities.
- American Association for Clinical Chemistry
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists
- American Chemical Society
- American Institute of Chemists
- Chemical Abstracts Service
- Counsel for Chemical Research
- International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry
Sample industry-specific LinkedIn groups and Twitter handles. Stay on top of industry trends, company information, job listings, and networking opportunities. Review the LinkedIn Guide for tips to build a strong LinkedIn profile and visit LinkedIn for more information on how to leverage your social media network.