We recommend you start with a group coaching lab or parallel Canvas module for help with specific aspects of the job search and career exploration process – from self-assessment to resumes to salary negotiations and everything in between. This will allow you to have a more informed discussion with a career coach when you meet 1 on 1.
For quick questions, visit the Career Studio during our daily drop-in hours, virtually or on the Boston campus, please follow the instructions below. Use virtual drop-in hours for document reviews (Resume, Cover Letter, LinkedIn) to ensure COVID-safe protocols.
1. VIRTUAL DROP-INS (Microsoft Teams)
Career Studio Sign in
- To meet with a Career Design team member virtually, fill out this form. A team member will contact you in Teams on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Please download Microsoft Teams and log in using [email protected].
- Alumni, please sign in as instructed, and a Career Design team member will be in touch via email if you cannot access Microsoft Teams.
Virtual Drop-in Hours (all Eastern Time zone):
FALL HOURS (September 7th – December 23rd)
- Monday through Friday 1:30-4:30 PM ET
- Tuesday and Wednesday 5:00-7:00 PM ET
2. Boston Campus Drop-in by Appointment (Stearns Center, First Floor)
Beginning September 13th, 2021 you may drop-in on site by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Your 20-minute, in-person Career Studio Appointment must be scheduled ahead of time through NUworks.
To make your appointment, click here – select an open time slot and complete the prompts on the form. Use virtual drop-in hours for document reviews (Resume, Cover Letter, LinkedIn) to ensure COVID-safe protocols.
Boston Campus Drop-in Hours (all Eastern Time zone)
- Tuesday – Friday 1:30-4:30 PM ET
When you arrive for your appointment:
- Make sure you are in compliance with the Northeastern University COVID-19 testing protocols and policies: you should be asymptomatic with a recent negative test result, and wearing a mask. If you do not meet all of those criteria, please do not enter the building: join us virtually or make an appointment for another day when you are in compliance.
- Check in at the front desk in Stearns Center and be ready to show confirmation of your appointment. Note: If you do not have a confirmed appointment, you will need to schedule one and come again another day.
- Exchange of hard copies or devices is not permitted. Expect to share information digitally with our staff during your conversation (virtual drop-ins are recommended for document reviews).
- You may cancel and reschedule through your NUworks account at any time.
Don’t hesitate to email questions to [email protected] or call 617.373.2430.
In addition, there are many other useful tools and resources available to you:
- Visit the Employer Engagement and Career Design website for helpful resources on drafting your resume using VMock Smart Resumes, practice for an interview with Big Interview, learn Tips for working remotely, and explore career guides to see how different fields of study can lead to a variety of occupations.
- Sign into NUworks for posted internship and employment opportunities, as well as other career resources and 2021 co-op opportunities.
- Join NUsource and Northeastern LinkedIn groups to connect with alumni.
- Read the Career Design bi-weekly newsletter here for the latest updates.