We recommend you start with a group coaching lab or parallel Canvas module for help with specific aspects of the job search and career exploration process. This will allow you to have a more informed discussion with a career coach when you meet 1 on 1.
For quick questions, visit the Career Studio during our daily virtual drop-in hours, or to make a campus appointment, please follow the instructions below:
Career Studio Virtual Drop-In
Spring 2022 Hours: Monday through Friday 2:00-5:00 PM ET, Tuesday and Wednesday 5:00-7:00 PM ET
- During Virtual Career Studio Hours, fill out this form when you are ready to meet with a team member.
- A team member will reach out to you in Microsoft Teams after you have filled out the virtual drop-in form linked above on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Please download Microsoft Teams and log in using [email protected].
- If you cannot access Microsoft Teams, please sign in as instructed and a Career Design team member will be in touch via email with a Teams meeting link.
In-person Appointments, 101 Stearns Center, Boston
Spring 2022 Hours: Monday-Thursday 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM ET
- Beginning September 13th, 2021, you may come to Stearns Center, First Floor for in-person career appointments.
- You must schedule your 20-minute appointment through NUworks first.
To make your appointment, click here – select an open time slot and complete the prompts on the form.
When you arrive for your appointment:
- Make sure you are in compliance with the Northeastern University COVID-19 testing protocols and policies: you should be asymptomatic with a recent negative test result, and wearing a mask. If you do not meet all of those criteria, please do not enter the building: join us virtually or make an appointment for another day when you are in compliance.
- Check-in at the front desk in Stearns Center and be ready to show confirmation of your appointment. Note: If you do not have a confirmed appointment, you will need to schedule one and come again another day.
- Exchange of hard copies or devices is not advisable. Expect to share information digitally with our staff during your conversation (virtual drop-ins are recommended for document reviews).
- You may cancel and reschedule through your NUworks account at any time.
Don’t hesitate to email questions to [email protected] or call 617.373.2430.
In addition, there are many other useful tools and resources available to you:
- Visit the Employer Engagement and Career Design website for helpful resources on drafting your resume using VMock Smart Resumes, practice for an interview with Big Interview, learn Tips for working remotely, and explore career guides to see how different fields of study can lead to a variety of occupations.
- Sign into NUworks for posted internship and employment opportunities, as well as other career resources and 2021 co-op opportunities.
- Join NUsource and Northeastern LinkedIn groups to connect with alumni.
- Read the Career Design bi-weekly newsletter here for the latest updates.