Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K., South Africa, Brazil and Germany, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn’s leaders—partners and alumni of international public accounting and consulting firms, industry and government agencies—opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer “hands-on” client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
StoneTurn is seeking a qualified Co-op to join our team!
Our Compliance & Monitoring, Forensic Accounting, and Dispute Litigation practices provide financial analysis and investigative services to attorneys, corporations, regulatory agencies and individuals within diverse industries. We have experienced, certified public and chartered accountants, former auditors and investigators, many of whom have joined StoneTurn from the global accounting firms, consulting firms, corporations and government agencies.
In this role you will be responsible for controls and compliance analysis particularly focusing on regulatory and enforcement matters. You will also be responsible for financial and economic analysis performed within the investigation and dispute litigation environment. You will have strong analytical skills and excellent prioritization skills. This position also requires you to be a person with strong interpersonal, communication and technical skills.
· Provide consulting services to our clients as it relates to controls, compliance and monitoring matters, as well as, forensic accounting and dispute litigation services
· Understand and incorporate client needs and objectives into work plans and work product
· Gather, organize, understand, analyze and summarize supporting documentation
· Read, understand, and interpret client compliance and control procedures, financial statements, and records
· Compile and analyze facts and circumstances to formulate, substantiate and critique various theories, claims or conclusions
· Understand, develop and utilize computer models to streamline detailed and potentially complex information into clear and concise analyses
· Perform financial analyses, summarize and report results through multiple forms of client deliverables
· Develop and communicate work product, both oral and written, to management and clients
· Assist with engagement management administration, including budgeting, billing and conflict checks as needed
· Must be a second- or final coop opportunity for student at Northeastern University.
· Bachelor’s degree candidate
· Strong analytical, technical and interpersonal skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent prioritization and time management skills
· Demonstrated ability to thrive in a team environment
· Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access)
· Majoring in Accounting, Finance or Economics
· Prior experience in professional services (audit, tax, consulting)
· Foreign language capabilities
· Microsoft SQL or other relational database experience
· Preferred candidate is a final co-op, but the firm will consider a second co-op.
A “seasonal employee” is an employee who is hired into a position for which the customary annual employment is six months or less.
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.
For additional information, go to www.stoneturn.com.