Job Title: Firm Performance Analyst co-op
Department: Financial Planning and Analysis
Reports To: Financial Planning & Analysis Supervisor
About Ropes & Gray LLP
Ropes & Gray is a preeminent global law firm, with many of the world’s most respected companies and institutions as longtime clients. The Performance Management team works to provide reporting on the firm’s financial results. The team is highly collaborative in producing monthly reporting as well as analytical projects for Firm Leadership while working with business partners throughout the firm.
In this co-op, the candidate will play an active role in firm performance management, as well as contributing to several ongoing projects. This co-op is ideal for candidates with interest in financial planning and analysis or business management, as they will get hands-on experience that will combine in-depth analysis of both operational and financial data to help align business processes and strategies with financial goals. The candidate will receive high-priority assignments, while being encouraged to innovate and challenge the status quo.
Ropes & Gray is an equal opportunity employer.
This position will contribute to FP&A’s reporting projects with a focus on month-end and AD HOC reporting. The role will gain expertise in the firm’s data, processes, and systems. The work will be both cyclical and project-based and will involve gathering relevant data to analyze in a structured way and to produce materials – including reports and visualizations – that respond to standard and more complex requests.
Analytical skills & report generation
· Maintain and execute suite of recurring firm standard reports
· Create monthly reporting and visualizations of firm data to convey business insights
· Provide cross-team support on ad hoc projects
· Conceptualize new ways to answer complex business questions through data analysis
Subject matter expertise
· Develop working knowledge of firm structure and key business drivers
· Develop expertise in the data, systems and processes of the firm
Team work & communication skills
· Quickly and accurately respond to ad-hoc analysis requests from team leadership
· Contribute to open-ended analytical projects
· Collaborate with analysts within team and other groups throughout the firm
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Pursuing a Bachelor degree in finance, business management, accounting or related field
· High level of initiative and intellectual curiosity
· Strong attention to detail
· Interest in analyzing data and communicating trends
· Strong Microsoft Excel capabilities
· Experience with Tableau, PowerBI, MicroStrategy or similar visualization tools is a plus