The Community Preservation Corporation (CPC) believes stable and sustainable affordable housing is the foundation of strong communities and we strive to contribute to comprehensive neighborhood revitalization through our lending and partnerships. A nationally recognized leader in affordable housing finance, CPC has provided a consistent source of capital to underserved housing markets throughout New York State since our inception in 1974.
We have a need for two summer interns.
1. Digital Communications Intern:
Seeking a creative, motivated and driven individual who can work closely with the Communication Team to conceptualize, design and produce a wide variety of print and digital assets to promote the company’s lending and equity investing activities, the company’s impact in communities, and our role as a thought leader in the affordable and multifamily housing industries.
Creation of materials may include but is not limited to:
– Social media graphics – primary focus
– Flyers and handouts
– Print and digital advertising content
– Email marketing content
– Event invitations
– PowerPoint slide graphics
– Updating existing materials (flyers, brochures, and other publications)
Additional responsibilities will include assisting in the creation and curation of presentations and other organizational materials to support internal decision-making and external business development activities, assisting with event logistics, handling departmental administrative tasks (including assistance with maintaining a photo library and contact database) and other duties related to promoting CPC’s mission and unique brand as a nonprofit affordable housing and community revitalization company.
2. Sustainability Intern
To perform regular research and data analysis and assist in the development and administration of CPC’s Strategic Initiatives and Sustainability Programs.
• Assist with tracking and analysis of sustainability efforts in our multifamily mortgage portfolio, including maintaining database of active projects, preparing status reports, monitoring buildings financial and energy performance, and supporting the development of new methodologies to improve ongoing program measurement.• Work across departments, as needed, to ensure consistency/continuity of program reporting throughout organization. • Research eligible properties based on certain key investment criteria; perform discounted cash flow analysis. • Support the development and delivery of presentations, tool kits, training, resource guides or other materials to build capacity for sustainable construction and design among multifamily building owners.• Research policies and new technologies relating to sustainable finance, design, and construction in affordable, multifamily housing.• Perform other administrative duties, as directed.