Manna Project International is looking for Program Directors to join us at our site in Shandia, Ecuador, located in the Amazon Rainforest. Our Program Director (PD) position is a 1-year, stipended fellowship position with the intent to develop community-based international development programming that is aligned with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals and thoughtfully and carefully developed in collaboration with the local indigenous community of Shandia to endeavor towards sustainable change.
There are 5 primary roles for Program Directors:
1. Developing and running community programs (programming includes: public health, non-profit development, childhood development, small business growth, English language teaching, among others)
2. Managing organizational operations
3. Raising awareness in the U.S. of international issues
4. Hosting short-term volunteers & training incoming Program Directors
5. Building relationships with local organizations and community members.
A willingness to commit to MPI’s principles and approach to community development
Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in a team, professionally and personally, as Program Directors both live and work togetherenthusiasm to experience a new culture and customs and to step outside your comfort zone
High level of patience and flexibility, as living and working in a developing country is often unpredictable and moves at a different pace than in the U.S.
Self-starter, able to succeed in an environment with a high level of autonomy
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Interest in social justice and human development
Intermediate Spanish level or above
This is a fully stipended covered position, including airfare and housing, with a personal stipend of $20/week ($80/month)
Job Title: Program Director
Job ID: 87767