Designing your life is not a short-term project, it’s an on-going career design and life design project. By learning and applying five mindsets and practical activities from the book, Designing Your Life, authored by Dave Evans and Bill Burnett, group members will identify possible career futures and what a well-designed next chapter in their lives might look like for them. The book, activities, and group discussions, held virtually via Zoom, are designed to help coaching group members to learn how to better navigate life’s big moment decisions —it will be fun and full of surprises!
This group is for any international graduate student from any college within Northeastern University who identifies as a woman and is seeking to immerse herself in a career design experience fall semester.
The group is limited to no more than 25 international female-identified graduate students. Only register if you are able to attend all sessions via Zoom’s virtual participation platform (missing one session is not a problem. Missing more than 2 sessions may result in not being able to continue with the group). Graduate international students will be selected first for this group.
We will be using the book, Designing Your Life by Bill Burnett & Dave Evans. Make sure to get your own copy before our meeting on Oct 28th, 2020.
This coaching group is facilitated by Yejin “”Sarah”” Kim, a graduate career fellow in Career Design. Feel free to email Sarah Kim, [email protected] if you have questions.
When and where does this group happen?
· Wednesdays, from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
· Virtual Meeting via Zoom (a meeting link will be sent out after your registration).
· In order to strengthen a sense of community among members, no new members are allowed after our meeting on Oct 28th, 2020 at 12:00 – 1:00 pm EST. Register and be sure to come to this meeting if you want to join the group.
By the end of the sessions you will have:
· Formed a close network and supportive community whom you have shared inspirations and experience with
· Resources to support your assessments and career-life reflections
· Feel more confident and comfortable with designing your life’s next chapter and how to explore options and adventures (Life is an adventure!)
Virtual meeting 1: Wed, Oct 21, 2020 | DYL Kick-off 2
Virtual meeting 2: Wed, Oct 28, 2020 | Chapters: Start Where You Are / Building a Compass- (You can still join!)
Virtual meeting 3: Wed, Nov 4, 2020 | Chapters: Wayfinding / Getting Unstuck
Virtual meeting 4: Wed, Nov 18, 2020 | Chapters: Design Your Lives / Prototyping
Virtual meeting 5: Wed, Nov 25, 2020 | Optional meeting – Cont. Design Your Lives / Prototype
Virtual meeting 6: Wed, Dec 2, 2020 | Group Activity
Virtual meeting 7: Wed, Dec 9, 2020 | Chapters: Building a team and Conclusion