Welcome to Career Design and Northeastern! As a Master’s student, you have already decided to either advance in your career or make an intentional change in another direction. Take advantage of the many opportunities and resources our nationally ranked career center provides to help you through the start of your career journey. If you are an international student, please see customized resources for First Year Master’s or Second Year Master’s.
You might already have professional experience related to your degree, or possibly unrelated experience, or even no experience at all. Developing a career strategy and starting the job search process requires reflection on what matters most to you, identifying the experience you want to gain or the problems you want to solve, and creating an action plan to move forward. We can help you to identify your unique brand, expand and leverage your professional network, update and polish your professional portfolio including your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn, and meet employers who are seeking profession-ready learners just like you.
To help you get started, we recommend the Career Design coaching labs below (or equivalent Canvas modules). Feel free to browse our full suite of coaching labs, weekly schedule, and specialty topics. To sign up for a coaching lab, and view all other Career Design programs, go to our events calendar.
You are welcome to attend any coaching lab for help as often as needed:
- Leading Your Job Search
- Crafting Your Cover letter
- Revising Your Resume
- Promoting Your Brand on LinkedIn
- Networking through LinkedIn
- Interviewing with Confidence
- Negotiating Job Offers and Salaries
- Staying Positive During Your Search (specialty topic)
Additional Career Design support includes:
- Career Studio for daily drop-ins (virtual and campus hours)
- Canvas modules parallel coaching labs for 24/7 self-paced instruction. We recommend Designing Your Career for an overview of both the process and our office (and we continue to add new modules, so check back regularly).
- Email [email protected] or call 617.373.2430 with any questions.
There are many other useful tools and resources available to you:
- Visit the Employer Engagement and Career Design website for helpful resources on drafting your resume using VMock Smart Resumes, practice for an interview with Big Interview, learn Tips for working remotely, and explore career guides to see how different fields of study can lead to a variety of occupations.
- Sign into NUworks for posted internship and employment opportunities, as well as other career resources and co-op opportunities.
- Join NUsource and Northeastern LinkedIn groups to connect with alumni.
Once you’ve taken advantage of our coaching labs and Career Studio to meet your initial needs, individual consultations can be scheduled by emailing or calling our office: [email protected] or call 617.373.2430.